1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obscure sports trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Who was the first NFL player to play in six Super Bowls?
    Only three players have done it. Can you name them?

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Brady is definitely one. Matthew Slater?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Brady yes, Slater no. Slater has only played in five.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Good guess, but only five.

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Some combo of Mike lodish, don beebe and bill romanowski?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Lodish is one. Four with the Bills and two with the Broncos. He was the first one, and the one I figured no one would get.

Beebe was on six Super Bowl teams (Bills and Packers) but only played in three games.
    Romanowski only played in five.
    There's one more.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I feel like gave last one is a kicker I'm going to say Gostkowski (my back up is Vinatieri)

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Stephen Gostkowski is correct. He and Mike Lodish have each played in six Super Bowls, and Tom Brady has the record with nine.
    As noted, Don Beebe was the first to be on a roster for six, but did not play in Super Bowl XXV with the Bills or XXXII with the Packers. He didn't catch a pass in Super Bowl XXXI, either, but it's unclear if he ever got on the field or not. Coincidentally, Lodish's sixth was against Beebe and the Packers in SB XXXII.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I figured between Vinatieri and Gostkowski one of them had to have six. Looked up Adam's and he remarkably has 5 between the Pats and the Colts. It's crazy the volume of Super Bowls between those two guys. Even more crazy when you factor Brady was with them for all but I believe two. Wonder if we're going to see this kind of a) longevity and b) dominance (granted it's partly team dominance with regard to the kickers but still) ever again when those three finally hang em up.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Even crazier when you factor in Belichick, who not only coached those Patriot teams, but was an assistant on the Giants’ first two winners.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Who won the the inaugural FA Cup?

Draft saved Draft deleted