1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 27, 2022.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Inquisitors are still around for Star Wars: Rebels, so their stories really can't all be wrapped up in this show. I believe the events of this show fall before Rebels in the timeline.

I'm guessing we will see an end to Reva's story. My guess is Vader will end up killing her either for failing him or for being too ambitious.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This week's episode checked in at a tidy 35 to 40 minutes, and it was kind of "blah" to me. The series is Kenobi, but it also could have been called Leia - she's essentially the second lead, which is kind of surprising, because you'd figure it would be Vader. I don't mind the Leia stuff, but we have two episodes left, and still don't know jack shit about Reva's motivations.

3. outofplace

We have hints. On the surface, she is just ambitious, but there is some real hate driving her actions. I'm guessing her story will be a big part of the final two episodes. There are some good theories out there which are based on what we have learned about the Inquisitors in other canonical Star Wars stories.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I’m guessing reva was one of the younglings shown at the start of the first episode.

JimmyHoward33 and sgreenwell like this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She's seeking revenge against Obi-Wan for "abandoning" her and the other Younglings in the face of Order 66.

6. outofplace

That is the theory I was referencing, which fits because Inquisitors are usually former Jedi.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

All they did was pay off last week’s cliffhanger — which, OK fine, but something else would’ve been nice.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Fun if not as consequential as the other episodes.

I wonder if this story is close (or not at all) to when this was supposed to be a movie. Episodic break points would have to be somewhat manufactured.

The snippet of Vader we did get was excellent.

And did serve the purpose of showing Obi-Wan sharpening his skills and use of the force.

Always fun to a bunch of bumbling stormtroopers get whomped.

9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I caught up pretty much all last night. I am not on top of the canon like some of this, but it is awesome to get some pretty standard Star Wars action. And holy crap is it intense. Even if we know the main players are still going to be around for New Hope, it freaking is intense!

10. Deskgrunt50

You never know with kids, but the young actor playing Leia is doing a great job. Most recently her fear as she was about to be tortured.

That was the same sort of torture contraption Vader used on Han Solo in Empire, right?

2muchcoffeeman and sgreenwell like this.
  11. outofplace

It was a different angle and I don't think that one had anything near his head, but the idea was similar. The device used on Han Solo was actually a piece of mining equipment. It used electrical charges to evaluate metal.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Nice. Fun fact. Come to think of it, I think Solo was lowered onto the shockers. Guess I gotta watch Empire again.

Draft saved Draft deleted