1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 27, 2022.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is what I mentioned earlier in the thread. They are managing to create tension even though we know they have to survive.

Inky_Wretch and sgreenwell like this.
  2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I need to start my own Star Wars franchise, Sand People In Love, because people are suckers and will watch anything Star Wars-related.

In fact, I challenge any of you to come up with a Star Wars concept that people wouldn't watch. The more obscure the character to fill in an unneeded back story the better.

There's so many genres to exploit. Cooking shows ... Salacious B. Crumb's Chili Cookoff. Reality TV ... Ewoks vs. Jawas on Survivor: Dagobah. Sex ... The Libertine Perversions of Adm. Piett.

Which reminds me ... can the Force be used for sexual purposes? That would be pretty amazing.

maumann, I Should Coco and Batman like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I want a Bill and Ted style buddy movie starring Jar Jar Binks and Salacious Crumb.

4. outofplace

Well, the holiday special didn't really work out so well, so maybe that's territory to avoid.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A cooking show called "BBQ with Aunt Beru."
    A show where Wuher visits the Outer Rim's failing taverns, called "Cantina Rescue."

And, of course, they could resurrect the OG of Star Wars spinoff TV shows:

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Disney actually has two seasons - 39 episodes - of a Star Wars show that they refuse to run, "Detours." It's an animated show that Lucas was working on with Seth Green's company, right before Disney acquired his company. I only know about it because they constantly bring it up on "The George Lucas Talk Show," a bizarre comedy show I love to watch. The few people who have seen "Detours" have said its not great, but it does have a bunch of voice work from the original cast and big time celebrities.

7. outofplace

I imagine that is more about the folks at Disney being control freaks rather than some concern for quality. The episodes of Boba Fett right up to the point that they turned it into season 2.5 of The Mandalorian clearly demonstrate that they are willing to put something out there that is very weak.

8. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Boba Fett probably looks weaker than it is because it came after Mando, which was ridiculously good. Not great, certainly, but not as bad as it’s credited for.

9. outofplace

To me, it was just confirmation that Boba Fett works best as he was used in the original trilogy and in The Mandalorian, in small doses.

You have these two badass characters, Fett and Shand, and not enough of them being badasses until the last episode.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I trust in Filoni and Favreau.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Something that just occurred to me: They’re using software to make James Earl Jones’ voice for Darth Vader (same setup that Paramount used for Val Kilmer’s voice in Top Gun), and they’re mapping it to Hayden Christensen’s lines — not just what’s in the script, but as he says them.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ep. 4 is up, and it's kind of a step back in intensity -- Vader's only on screen for a couple minutes this week.

Obi-Wan goes in a bacta tank to heal up from last week's burning, but he's out quick, and there's no evidence of the wizening or aging effect I suspected last week.

The episode frankly ends right about where they were two weels ago.

Only two weeks left -- things should start moving pretty quick next week.

But really, I'm not so sure how much more significant is going to really happen. We know Luke, Leia and Obi-Wan are going to survive; ditto Vader. And the Inquisitors will essentially be gone by the time of Rogue One.

So mainly the last two episodes will be wrapping up the fates of a lot of side characters.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted