1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 27, 2022.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Roscablo did a good job pointing out the strengths of Andor. I don't love the pacing of it. They could have cut this down by an episode or two. One of the subplots just bores the crap out of me, but it is an interesting exploration of the Empire and there are some real high points. I recommend it, but there are times you are going to need some patience.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Thought last night's was great. I was a bit distracted by work stuff, so I need to watch it again. But good stuff.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Calling it "Andor" probably undersells its scope too much. They should have called it "The Rebellion" or something like that.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. outofplace

Agreed, especially with some parts of the story so disconnected from him.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. outofplace

The episode really is fantastic. I think it is the best of the series so far. The high points in Andor really are outstanding.

6. Deskgrunt50

Finally got caught up. The show is really finishing strong (and as somebody pointed out "Rebellion" would have been as good a title as "Andor").

After the great prison break episode, it was a quieter one, as you'd expect, ahead of the finale. Really brooding. And conveyed that sense of loss and desperation that could lead to what it takes to take on the Empire.

The aging little droid got to me quite a bit. (full disclosure, we recently had to say goodbye to our cat, sweetest cat ever, who had cancer). So yeah, his reactions to Maarva's death hit me in the emotions. The "I don't want to be alone" line...

2muchcoffeeman and sgreenwell like this.
  7. outofplace

I just finished the season finale. I was frustrated by the pace at times this season, but yeah, I think they stuck the landing.

Deskgrunt50 and sgreenwell like this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

I really loved this. As much if not more than Mando. Just a gritty series, great writing and acting.

Could it have been a tight 10 episodes instead of 12? Sure. But I have no issue with letting the story breathe.

The post-credit scene confirms the (kind of) obvious answer as to what the prisoners were forced to build.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Fantastic season finale. Had me on the edge throughout. Had moments of questioning whose side some of them were on, but it pretty much played out as expected on those fronts. I'd say the Rebellion is pretty much full-blown now, right?

Deskgrunt50 and sgreenwell like this.
  10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I want to add, the funeral scene was just so good. The build up, the music, the tension that obviously existed. Just superb.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

This might be the best non-John Williams Star Wars music we’ve had.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Nothing says evil quite like weaponizing the agonizing death cries of children. Christ.

Draft saved Draft deleted