1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's Spotify playlist

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Feb 12, 2012.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

From the ridiculous (REO Speedwagon, ELO) to the sublime (AF. Florence).
    Analyze this.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I had just assumed the President got his own special IPod with every song ever recorded on it.

It's fun to look at it and try to figure what kind of voter he's courting with every selection.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The POTUS shouldn't have time to listen to most of that crap.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not much to say about the playlist. But clicking that link was worthwhile, just for this:

[​IMG]

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So he doesn't pay for music either? Somebody better not tell Tiger Vols. :D

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I declare shenanigans on that list. There's no Kenyan tribal music.

7. terrier

Darius Rucker, I can understand...I'm not a big fan, but I'd imagine POTUS has played 18 with him somewhere.

8. Mizzougrad96

I wonder how many people had to sign off on that list before it was sent out.

9. Mizzougrad96

I'd love to see what his real list is. I'm not suggesting a secret love for NWA or Too Live Crew, but one that probably has some Common, Outkast, Jay-Z, or some other soulful crooner who has lived the kind of life that the President can't openly admit to being a fan without someone reading too much into it...

10. terrier

Jay-Z, headlining the staff ball the night after inauguration. Arcade Fire also played.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You crack me up sometimes.

So a president is supposed to sit at his desk 24 hours a day for all four years of his term and let the outer influences of the world be damned? That's a tad unrealistic.

If you're going to rip him, slag him for having two Sugarland songs in the mix.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Zac Brown Band? C'mon. Obama listens to Zac Brown Band. Riiiiiight. What a crock that list is.

Draft saved Draft deleted