1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's sermon in Atlanta 1/20/08

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Because I got the brain-dead "if he can't stand up to X, then how will he stand up to (Insert Dictator Here)" meme, and I thought a reasonable comparison was in order.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I agree on that also, but I'm just concerned that empathy is at times confused with entitlement by some people.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I think that was a fair point you made, and I find it exciting that we agreed on not liking this speech from the inside of a church.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, it's a sermon largely about Dr. King delivered from his church on the day before his holiday. So I take your point, but this was a pretty good place.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Are those the same folks that provided funds to help Afganistan defeat the Russian army?

6. Boom_70

Since we are talking about political speeces in churches , here is a gem of a speech given by Hillary in Selma - complete with southern accent.

Interesting quote on voters rights act- " 6 months later it was signed into law by President Johnson but we all know it was written on the road from Selma to Montgomery.

Wow - big difference for her postion taken in New Hampshire.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I abso-fucking-lutely loathe politicians (of any and all parties) who do an accent when in the South.

8. Boom_70

Hillary is such a phony. The Selma speech was disgusting.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Anybody here ever been to Ebenezer? Quite a place.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Not even the best <a href="http://www.tabernacleatl.com/">Tabernacle</a> in Atlanta. ;)

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Not a political speech?

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Fenian,
    Didn't you get the memo? Bush's name is not to be uttered during this campaign. Got it?

Draft saved Draft deleted