1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's Philly radio goof

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ruh-roh! The master orator slips!

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/news-desk/2008/03/21/obama-typical-white-person-comment-delights-clinton-aides.html

So much for race-neutrality.

But he's got the nomination in the bag, so who cares, right?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wow. I knew I didn't read the political threads, but I never knew the other F_B was a junkie too...

3. Football_Bat

I prefer to draft the leaders and go low at just the right time.

4. Ah, the whole quote makes the scandal the province of stupid people alone.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The Agendist di tutti Agendists weighs in.

6. Wow are we getting into semantics now. He meant she was typical of THAT KIND of white person. Not that racism is typical of ANY white person.

I mean, Joe Bob Jim in Pennsylvania who already thinks that Obama is a Malcolm X-style "Moos-lim" won't see it that way. But like he was voting for him anyway.

You guys do realize that Obama is white, too, correct?

Obama got close to Wright back in the day because it was a great "in" to the South Side black community that he wanted to infiltrate and help organize. I wish he'd say that.

7. That would be Agendo di tutti Agendi, if you knew how to write.

8. Football_Bat

Simonfish is having problems today.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's going to be really interesting...

I like Obama. I will have no problem if he wins, even though I'll vote for McCain, but I will be very curious to see if this kind of stuff and the minister thing are going to keep him from getting elected...

10. SigR

SigR Member

I'm getting gas late the other night in white suburbia and two young black men lazily walked toward me jawing with each other, the N word and indignation spilling all over the street. I was extremely uncomfortable and made a conscious decision whether or not to continue filling the tank, or to take off. I chose to stay, but I was scared. Does that make me a racist? (it's a serious question)

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

No. It makes you human.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Obama's turning out to be the typical politician. That, if anything, is what's gonna really hurt him.

Draft saved Draft deleted