1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's Iraq speech: A home run

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 15, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Seems to me if anyone can't get past the length of what he said to UNDERSTAND what he said, the message wasn't going to get through in the first place.

2. Seconded.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/huntley/1055589,CST-EDT-hunt15.article

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Using patriotism as a bludgeon won't wash in 2008. If you want to talk about who is and who isn't supporting the troops, let's rumble, baby.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

LIBBRUL MEDIA!

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

And frankly (and non-pejoratively), how profoundly gay.

The gayest fantasies (and sensibilities) around here belong to sjrightwing.com.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

No doubt. Between Armchair, Lyman and Mizzou, it's like a San Francisco bath house in here.

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Um ... hasn't this kind of been the stated plan of the Bish administration. When the Iraqi Army and Police are ready to stand up, U.S. troops will stand down.

In this sense, it sounds as if the Obama plan is awfully similar to the Bush plan ... except for Obama is going to have the good fortune of taking over when the conditions on the ground are more favorable -- thanks in part to the surge that Obama was against from the get-go.

It's all very interesting to me.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You mean the same "positions" that apparantly Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi (and Hillary Clinton for that matter) have held and continue to hold?

Oh that's right, I forgot, the reason is because Republicans are filibustering and making it impossible for Reid and Pelosi to do the things they vowed to do when they kicked them there rat fink republicans out a few years back........

9. I think that's "among," not "between."

And the only bathhouse-like behavior here involves you and your man B.O. I'm afraid.

Draft saved Draft deleted