1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's friend in the news again...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Clintons won't care at all, it's just the big bad republicans.

2. My point is he doesn't get to decide what "taints" him. The GOP and its big old Wurlitzer do. I hope he realizes that because, so far, the rhetoric about making common cause with Republicans in Washington makes me a little nervous.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I must be totally out of the loop. I've never heard of this guy, and know nothing about his connection to Obama.

I've always been a little dubious when people connect a shady character to a politician, whether the guy's a Democrat or a Republican. How many of US could get elected if we were scrutinized for people we know?

4. I post on this board so I'm pretty well screwed.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You'll never wash off the stench of fail.

6. More of this nonsense to come.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200801290004

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I get really queasy when my fellow conservatives do that.

It's his middle name. It means nothing. Let it go _ it sounds stupid.

8. Oh, but it is going to be the term of art for the next nine months, and we're going to hear more about Obama's church and Louis Farrakhan, too.
    He will respond, I fear, by relying on the essential good-faith of the American people.
    Yikes.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

What is his supposed to connection to Farrakhan?

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I don't know about the response aspect, I believe that you don't get where he is without breaking a few noses, but I definitely see the "Hussein" part of his name getting played up extremely often.

Willard, meanwhile, will continue to go by a name you give your dog.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If the best they can come up with is a connection in which nothing illegal occurred, and his middle name, I'm not worried.

12. His dog wouldn't vote for him.

And Doc, please see, "Gore, Albert" for further details as to why you're wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted