1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's friend in the news again...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

By Jeff Coen and John Chase | Tribune reporters
    9:40 AM CST, January 28, 2008

Antoin "Tony" Rezko was arrested early Monday at his Wilmette home by federal agents on an alleged bond violation, the Tribune has learned.

Investigators had in recent weeks become concerned about the movement of some of his finances, a source said.

Rezko, who is scheduled to stand trial on corruption charges in less than a month, was in the courtroom of U.S. District Judge Amy St. Eve, his trial judge, at 8:35 a.m. He could be seen at a defense table going over papers with his lawyer, Joseph Duffy. A jury is to be selected at Dirksen U.S. Courthouse to hear his case beginning Feb. 25.

Duffy said any activity involving Rezko's finances has been under the supervision of attorneys helping him with his debts.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-rezko-arrested_webjan29,1,6986321.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. .. boy DO get around . . .

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah I had this in the Obama thread this morning.

Odd that this happens right after Hillary gets her clocked cleaned in SC. Wonder what he did to violate the terms of his bond?

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I haven't heard Obama promise not to pardon Rezko.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Must've been in briefs because the Teddy thread is up to 10 pages and this is the fifth reply to this one.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's because no one gives a shit except Hillbots.

8. Oh, I suspect there are some GOP oppo guys who care a great deal.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sure, if they can prove some illegality. Several investigations have turned up nothing. And Obama has proven adept at fighting lies with truth. At best, there was a minor impropriety. Kind of hypocritical of Hillary, after Whitewater, Norman Hsu and the pardon nonsense, no?

10. Do you honestly think they have to prove illegality to get their "charges" aired?
    Ask John Kerry about that one.
    Hell, ask the Clintons about Whitewaters and the 16 murders.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hence the third sentence of my post. Obama hasn't let any accusation taint him to this point. I'd love to see the GOP accuse him of fathering a black baby. ;)

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

From the title, I thought Teddy Kennedy started driving again.

Draft saved Draft deleted