1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's ex-girlfriends

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Thank you for taking that in the spirit in which it was intended (a joke, not mocking).

2. Thank You

When I had kids - I stopped going to church. Didn't trust my kids around priests so I stopped going. Didn't see the point anymore. I grew up inner city and knew what was what. My kids were too sheltered to ever see that sort of threat coming at them. So I quit the church and my wife became an Episcopal - and raised the kids in that church.

Couple of years ago I go to church (Catholic) for whatever reason or occasion and I go up to receive. I get communion from the priest and I look up and say, "Thank you."

I had completely forgotten the ritual and response. "Thank you."

If you were raised as Catholic as my family raised me - that response is still funny.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Your g/f is French, right?

When she say "Thanks" just say "pas de quoi" :)

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Maybe now, but back then a summer intern was virtually guaranteed an offer & the power balance was reversed - the firm was wining and dining the interns, hoping that they'll stay. In our firm the (unconfirmed) rumor was that there had only been 1 summer associate ever not to get an offer, in a different branch. He apparently spent the summer working with a huge knife clipped to his belt.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Who gives a damn about his ex-girl friends? More importantly, WTF does that have to do with the state of the country today? People really need to get a fucking life. The man is the President of the United States. He should be supported instead of hounded and definitely disrespected. I may not be thrilled with a lot of things that he's done but how much lower are we, as a people, going to go with this? Ex girlfriends? That's worse than questioning his wife about wearing sleeveless dresses. And WTF was that about?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder when people started caring about this kind of stuff.

Gary Hart challenged the media to catch him in the act and then they did. No one to blame but himself...

Clinton handled this like a world fucking champion, he got out in front of it and had his wife by his side and people decided they liked him so much that they would vote for him anyway. I think Clinton had so many extra-marital trysts that the media now feels like it has to at least make sure to see what a candidate has in their past.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Funny, to me Clinton is when they stopped caring, they just never knew about it because the media didn't tell.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's always been something to care about. Because he had sex before marriage with women who didn't even become his wife, he's been corrupted. He's a bad role model for America's youth.

In all seriousness, sex and politics have always been intertwined. Heck, Grover Cleveland got ripped on because he fathered a kid out of wedlock, inspiring the chant, "Ma, Ma, where's my pa? Going to the White House, ha, ha, ha!"

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who says it's a big deal?

Marannis is writing a biography about the guy. Of course he's going to include information about his formative years, including any serious relationships the guy had.

It doesn't appear he's writing about one night stands, or inconsequential relationships. He was apparently pretty serious with the one girl, moving in with her for a time even.

And, they were important enough to receive mention in the President's own autobiography -- thought they were compressed into one, composite girlfriend.

Plus, any new information is going to get more attention, and this is mostly new, and was included in the Esquire excerpt.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

This sounds interesting, but it would be a LOT more interesting if Howard Stern were interviewing the ex-girlfriends.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Or have Joe McGinniss write the bio. :D

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yeah. I really want know who Obama screwed when he was a youngster. WTF. People really need to get a life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.