1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's ex-girlfriends

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ronnie's girlfriends we knew because he was in Hollywood. I don't recall any ex-gf talk about either Bush, nor Clinton — we heard a ton of his post-marital escapades, but I don't remember reading much about his pre-Hillary hook-ups during the campaign.

As for the "we didn't hear much about Obama's college days" meme, we heard a bunch. My dad used that line with me, so I went online and in no time found story after story from classmates and people who knew Obama. It's how the "Barry" nickname came to light, for one thing. There was plenty out there, just nothing scandalous and, thus, not memorable.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My girlfriend -- we live together -- sometimes tells me she loves me.

But whenever I tell her I love her, she says, "Thank you."

The first time she did it, it kind of freaked me out, because I was like "What the hell is that?"

But my standard response became, "Don't mention it," or "Think nothing of it," or "It's my pleasure," and it has become kind of a joke.

I can't believe I just shared that, but it seemed like the time and place.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Again: The Harvard stuff was not "limited." Not in any way, shape, or form. His time at Harvard has been extensively and exhaustively documented, including contemporaneously.

The Columbia time is not well-documented. This seems to be because he was a hermit there. He buckled down as a student and largely lived life as a commuter.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Occidental stuff is limited as well.

5. Dick Whitman

Everybody:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Dick Whitman

How much did we know about Clinton's college days until Maraniss's book came out during his presidency? (During his second term? Can't recall the timing.) That book seemed to have a shit ton of scoops: (1) Never inhaling; (2) Basically being an awful law student. Etc., etc.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

For better or worse, Clinton's post-marital affairs and exploits seemed to overshadow just about everything else.

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Thanks for sharing that, Ragu. I love you.

9. Dick Whitman

I used to say "Thank you" and sometimes still will do so. Just a natural reaction, I think, to a compliment.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Better band name?

Obama's ex-girlfriends or Obama's composite girlfriend?

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I've always liked Eric Foreman's response to Donna's "I Love You.": "I love....cake."

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.