1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's ex-girlfriends

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

David Marannis, in writing the upcoming biography of President Obama, tracked down his two ex-girlfriends before Michelle, and they were apparently pretty candid about their relationships, according to the book excerpt in Vanity Fair.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/reliable-source/post/obamas-ex-girlfriends-from-his-new-york-years-share-stories-letters-in-new-biography/2012/05/02/gIQABZlNxT_blog.html

This, from the recollection of ex Genevieve Cook:

He's a smoothie! ;D

2. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I refuse to believe he's ever loved anyone but me.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this book. The relationship stuff fills in a lot of gaps from the Remnick book, it sounds like. I remember we talked on here about how "no one has ever written about"TM his pre-marriage love life. Remnick had some quotes about how he dated and was popular with the ladies, but no names or anything. Well, here you go.

Maraniss has an interview up at Vanity Fair's Web site where he said that Obama was really cool about it when he brought her up. He basically was curious about how she was doing these days.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He read Maya Angelou and Toni Morrison with her?

That's a smooth operator.

5. Dick Whitman

All you ever have to know about him is that he asked out and married his mentor attorney at one of the whitest of white shoe law firms in America. When he was a summer associate, which is essentially an intern trying to get a job (which he turned down). If you know anything about big firm culture, whether its legal or Wall Street or whatever, that's an astounding amount of chutzpah.

6. Dick Whitman

Uh, oh.

This may not end well. (Not here. In other dark corners of the Internet.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I read the excerpts yesterday at VF and he definitely had the grad TA mack going on, from the sounds of it.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I know there's a market for this kind of stuff, but I really couldn't care less about ex-girlfriends of Obama, Romney, Newt Gingrich, George Bush, Bill Clinton, ARod, Rip Torn, Abe Vigoda, Yakov Smirnoff or anyone else.

I don't really get the fascination.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Anyone know if either gave good blow jobs?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

11. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

You dug up a post from 2008 just to try out that line?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I could swear it was repeated more recently, but I couldn't find it. This is what I cam up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.