1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's bullet-proof glass walls

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dave Kindred, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

that's fuckin' awesome, 2mcm

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Very cool.

The final Suburban in the caravan also has one pointing rearward. You do not want to rush the convoy from behind.

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Damn. I want one.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Four thousand rounds a minute. Rock and roll, baby!

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "It's beautiful man. It's beautiful."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I pray that we won't have to find out whether its bullet proof. I don't want anything to happen to Obama or his family. The repercussions could be devastating for this country.

7. mb

mb Active Member

The Obama limo

Not so much a secret, it seems. As you would expect, it's pretty bad-ass ...

The doors are armour-plated too, with eight-inch thick steel making them reportedly weigh as much as the cabin door of a 757 jet.

Up front there are defence accessories to assist the trained detail such as night vision cameras, pump-action shotguns and tear gas cannons. Bottles of the president's blood are also kept aboard, if needed in an emergency.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Which costs more and which is physically stronger, the presidential limo or the popemobile?

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The Obamas were all decked out like Michael Jordan, or Tiger Woods on Sunday.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is that from Taps? Holy shit, that makes me feel old.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A Secret Service guy this morning looked like he had to open a door with two hands. Heavy.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah, Taps. The mention of the gatling gun made me think of it. Looking for the pick and the quote, I also came upon this nugget. Tom Cruise's character in the film was a big Dungeons and Dragons player. Made me laugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted