1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's bullet-proof glass walls

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dave Kindred, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Has anyone ever noticed Tiger Woods wears red on Sundays?

Think he's trying to unite the PGA? Or just let everyone know he prefers to wear red whilst spanking some Sunday ass?

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was joking about that. I thought that was obvious. Sorry.

3. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

It's just a damn tie. This is like those stories popping up on the Internets about Michelle Obama's dress on election night. I can't figure out why I should give a shit.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Maybe he spilled soup on his blue tie.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

For what it's worth, I saw a picture of workers erecting the bullet proof glass the day of the election.

6. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I didn't know about the glass walls until now, but what did strike me about his victory speech was how long it took for him to come out on stage, after the benediction, the Pledge of Allegiance, some other announcement, Steve Wonder, some other song I didn't know . . . I had waited roughly 10-12 minutes when I finally changed the channel. I missed the sppech, although I didn't miss it, if you know what I mean. Clinton also had a bad habit of being late for everyhting, and Obama already has that reputation from years in senate. I mean, c'mon, let's be on time for a victory speech.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I almost put this in blue, but I'll let it stand:

If it had been George W. Bush, "they" would have published the plans for the walls with big red arrows on where the open spots would be to get a clean shot. Like the Rebels with the Death Star plans.

Background: A map USA Today once published showing where Dick Cheney was staying on a trip, with dotted lines and X's and just about everything you'd need to know to, um, launch an attack.

All that said, hell, I'd take a bullet for Obama at this point. We can't let anything happen to him now, for goodness sakes.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh for the love of hell. Now the media wants Bush and/or Cheney killed?

Three days in. I cringe at what happens once the guy actually takes office.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Now, BYH? Really?

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I knew I should have put that in blue. It's late.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh come on, buck. Like I really think someone wants Bush killed.

Jeez.

Cheney? Maybe. :D

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, HH (almost wrote King there, how's that for old-school SJ), you said "almost," which led me to believe you were pretty serious.

Draft saved Draft deleted