1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's Brother in Kenya Says He Was Raised Muslim

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

This is still a falsehood, a fib, a whopper and a lie.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

DING! DING! DING!
    It makes NO difference...zero...which is why he's not lying about it.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I can speak for myself when I say that I don't care if he is a Muslim. I do care that people tell lies about him in an attempt to disctract the lemmings in this country who are scared of the Muslim bogeyman.

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

It's the same reason Cindy McCain refuses to divulge her tax records: Because she knows the income reported from sales of her sex tape will offend the holy rollers. C'mon people! It's just sex. What's the big deal?

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

OK, so I wasn't missing something -- well just the bigotry behind the concept that if a guy is a muslim he must be a terrorist......

6. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

The issue is he's tried to downplay a fact of his upbringing: his Muslim ties. I'm not saying he's a Muslim. It's a really simple fact of his past that is inconsequential, yet human nature suggests that if you - I'll use a lighter description - play with the truth with small things, how would you be with larger things? You've got a president now who you accuse of misrepresenting the truth on a larger issue, never mind the stack of evidence that was built up before he grabbed him and gave it a once-over.

7. zagoshe

She has a sex tape?

8. zagoshe

A Presidential candidate lying about something in his past or personal life?

Oh the horror.......

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Let me ask you this. I was in a church youth group in junior high for the girls and the ski trips. Didn't believe in it then, don't believe in it now. Am I playing with the truth if I say I have no Christian ties?

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Potentially.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Well that's the rumor. I read it on the Internets so it must be true.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Which is unfortunate, because since only the idiots using the Muslim religion as an excuse to kill are far outweighed by number the retards in this country who will believe the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.