1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's Brother in Kenya Says He Was Raised Muslim

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Potentially lying!?!

W.T.F.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It truly frightens me that there are a lot of people out there who will buy into this.

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

The Jerusalem Post is not a seasoned news org?

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Also found on the internet:
    http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

Enter the Flat Earth Society. For over five hundred years humanity has believed the "round Earth" teachings of Efimovich and his followers. But all hope is not lost. For through all that time, a small but diligent band of individuals have preserved the knowledge of our planet's true shape. And now, after centuries in the Dark Ages, we believe that mankind as a whole is once again ready to embrace the truth that has forever been the Flat Earth Society. Using whatever means are deemed necessary and relying heavily on a callous disregard for the lives and well-being of our members, we have slowly but steadily been spreading the news.

But why? Why do we say the Earth is flat, when the vast majority says otherwise? Because we know the truth.

5. Mizzougrad96

If Fox News picks it up, then I'll be convinced it has legs... :D

I just want some indication that any news organization thinks this is a legitimate story.

6. Grimace

Grimace Guest

The Dakota Voice doesn't count?

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It shouldn't even be something he should need to explain.

8. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

The Hotline & National Review is about as inside Washington as it gets. NRO's Jim Geraghty: "Dear writers and editors of the Obama's FightTheSmears site: I have a hot tip for you on another person describing Obama as having a 'Muslim background': Malik Obama, the candidate's half-brother, in a recent interview cited in the Jerusalem Post. Please track down this nefarious malefactor and ensure his statements are corrected." http://blogometer.nationaljournal.com/archives/2008/06/613_welcome_to.html http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1212659716936&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Just wanted to remind people of this, which, unfortunately for nut jobs, blows a massive hole in this "story."

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You know, since photos give you proof, I've got a hot story about Bush being Chinese.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Like Obama, half my family lives in Africa too. I've never met them. I wouldn't know shit about their religious beliefs, nor would they know anything about mine.

Obama was raised mostly by his white mother and his white grandparents. End of story.

12. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, but Obama looks more comfortable in muslim garb... :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.