1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's approval rating sinks to new low

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 12, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

In some places, it is a percentage, and creates a windfall of revenue for states/municipalities.

2. YankeeFan

Most folks are spent after serving in the White House -- even if it's only four years. They want to burnish their legacy, work on their Library, and make some money.

They can write a book and give speeches. it's easy money.

If they remain partisan, it won't be as easy to burnish their reputation or cash in.

Clinton, on the other hand, loved being President so much, i think he actually might have gone for it again if he had been defeated for re-election.

He got bounced out of the Governor's Mansion in Arkansas, and the came back to win the office again.

Money's never driven Clinton the same way fame, influence, and getting laid does.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised if it happened in our lifetime.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think it's perfectly possible. And as I said, it'd be somebody who lost a close re-election bid. As far as we can tell now (not very far), the 2012 election appears as if it'll be close no matter who wins.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'd be stunned, simply because I can't imagine a party wanting to jump back on a losing horse -- especially given the beating candidates take from the media (including Internet) during a presidential campaign these days.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Do you remember the draft Al Gore movement in 2004?

7. YankeeFan

Yeah, but Gore was making cash and didn't want to get back into the scrum.

It would take a very unique person to want to get back in.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Jack Ryan.

9. According to The Tax Foundation, the states that at least include a percentage-based gas tax are CA, CT, GA, IL, IN, MI, and NY. Theoretically, they should see more "extreme" swings. Their changes — both positive and negative — will be by greater percentages than other states.

This is also a cool tool: http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/reuters-ipsos-poll-obama-reaches-50-percent-approval

In other words: No one knows nothin'.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only poll that matters is the one on Nov. 6. :p

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

GOP = Party of Big Oil, Wall Street Speculators, and Killing SS/Medicare.

Boom Boom Boom Da-Boom.

See where the numbers go after a couple months of THAT.

Draft saved Draft deleted