1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Oct 9, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Where have I read that before, FDP? Oh ya, in the same place I posted how stupid it would be to have the Nobel Peace Prize committee determining American foreign policy.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If only America had followed the lead of the rest of the world throughout its history. What a great country it would have become. But I guess there's still time to live up to its potential as a nation.

BTW, where's sj's leading expert on American foreign policy? I know he's around here somewhere. Somewhere up north.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Somebody's a little angry this morning. Did someone tell you you were nominated?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ha, I'm not angry at all. But if Obama can win after 11 days in office, why not me?

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Can Obama decline the award? Even the White House had no comment, which made me laugh.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Has to be some Olympics make-up call....

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I will say, people here have no clue, apparently, the damage that Bush did worldwide.

Sad.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This sets up the rest of the thread nicely. And with that, it's time for me to go to bed.

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

what does that have to do with Obama winning the Peace Prize? What has he done to deserve the award? If it's just getting elected.....shit, why not give the award to the people that voted for Obama, they're the one's that actually forced "change".

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

By "worldwide," you mean "in my head," right?

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think Teddy won because he brokered a peace between Japan and Russia.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Wait. Pete Seger didn't win? This award has no credibility!

Draft saved Draft deleted