1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OBAMA-WINFREY 2008?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Uma?

2. KG

KG Active Member

I've seen her under the spotlight more and still trust her more than him.

3. And why is that?

4. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

lost cause for for fattie

5. KG

KG Active Member

Most of the issues will ruffle too many feathers, so I'll leave them on the back burner. One I will mention though is his views on gun control. I am all about using and storing firearms in a safe manner, but I'll be damned if I will support someone who is against even using a gun for self defense when someone breaks into your home and is attempting to harm or murder you. Screw that...I'm not going down without a fight.

In his defense though, I do agree with some of his views. Also in his defense, there is no one that I can currently say I am glad to see running and can't wait to get out there and vote for. When it comes down to it, I'll just have to vote for whichever one has the most pro checkmarks coinciding with my beliefs.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

When, exactly, did the senator from Illinois stake out this particular position?

7. KG

KG Active Member

Zeke it was for a local law a few years ago, but I'm assuming he would feel the same for firearms nationally.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What was the law, please?

9. I'd like to know, too, because I'd think a statement like that would have had howling big play by now.

OK, I found this:
    (Scroll down)
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/17/politics/main2369157.shtml

Is this what we're talking about?

10. KG

KG Active Member

This was the first thing I could find, but it sounds a little more sugar-coated than what I remember.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/17/politics/main2369157.shtml

11. KG

KG Active Member

Ooops same thing FB posted.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So, basically, he supported keeping the law the way it was?

Which is to say, if you shoot someone with an illegal handgun in self defense, even if you are cleared in the shooting, you can be prosecuted for having the illegal gun?

I have that correct?

Draft saved Draft deleted