1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Weighs Airstrikes or Aid to Help Trapped Iraqis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Will we act?

2. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

I think ISIS should prepare for a strongly-worded letter along with. possibly, a meaningless red line.

3. YankeeFan

Peter Baker -- ‏@peterbakernyt

WH’s @PressSec repeats Obama’s commitment that Iraq intervention would include no “combat boots on the ground.”

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How can he focus on Iraqis right now when he's injecting Christians with ebola?

http://christwire.org/2014/08/obama-is-infecting-christians-with-ebola-to-destroy-jesus-and-start-a-new-age-of-liberal-darkness/

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This is all clearly a distraction from talking about impeachment.

6. YankeeFan

I just hope we can do this without killing any civilians, or if we do, that an equal or greater number of American civilians are also killed as a result.

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

According to the Independent:

Too bad they don't practice a western-understandable variety of religion (i.e. Quakers, Mormons, whatever.) It would've been bombs away since dawn yesterday.

8. YankeeFan

The Islamic State is close to wiping out all the Christians of Iraq. But, since the Yazidi live almost exclusively in this region, they are on the verge of total extinction.

This would be Genocide.

Bill Clinton counts his lack of action in Rwanda among his greatest regrets.

We took action in Libya to prevent a slaughter of civilians. I know no one likes to play world cop, but I don't know how we can fail to take action here if we can make a difference.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Let's ask John McCain what to do.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Are you for America or against America?

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Has the president ever given you indication he acts on anything with celerity?

12. sportbook

sportbook Member

I was thinking a twitter hashtag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.