1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama -Warrior In Chief

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

And yet, effective. You seem to have it down.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Zeke I guess I am kind of puzzled as to your response to this thread topic.

To me it seems like it should be one of Obama's crowning achievements that will carry him into a 2nd term, yet you seem overly defensive of it. Why is that?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The RWSM of course.

Every time Obama breathes they consider it "a potential weakness."

And of course they are very very concerned.

4. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Defensive?

I'm happy you're carrying the message of Obama's smart and limited foreign policy to the sockpuppet masses.

They're a key swing demographic.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Barack Obama: killer of terrorists, saver eater of puppies

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Saw this little note at the end of NYT Obama to Afghanistan story:

Instead, late on Monday, Mr. Obama slipped out of the White House and traveled to Joint Base Andrews. At midnight, Air Force One, its lights switched off and window shades drawn, rolled out from behind a hangar. A small group of reporters, including one from The New York Times, were allowed to accompany the president, after they agreed not to report on his whereabouts until his helicopter landed in Kabul.

I just do not see why Newspaper's agree to conditions like this.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

if they don't they get left on the tarmac

8. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

You'd rather they tipped off the enemy? Afghani warlords have Twitter too. This has been the way it's worked for quite some time. Did reporters mention FDR was heading to meet with Stalin and Churchill through U-Boat infested waters? Did newspapers mention that Lincoln was planning that trip to Richmond in the spring of 1865? How many times did Bush travel to Iraq and Afghanistan without a word being mentioned until after?

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

A FB acquaintance has some cutesy photo that says that thanking Obama for killing Bin Laden is like thanking Ronald McDonald for making you a burger.

If I knew him better, I'd suggest that it's actually more like paying the CEO of McDonald's several million dollars and the guy who actually made you the burger several dollars.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The right's bitterness about this topic remains hysterical . . .

Of course, if Fredo had ever had the wherewithal to actually suck it up and take OBL out (HA!), he'd STILL be prancing around in his Halloween-costume flight suit, waving both index fingers in the air . . .

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I thought he was celebrity in chief. Campaigner in chief.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Anyway, this:

www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2012/05/obama-bin-laden-9-11.html

Draft saved Draft deleted