1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama urges black men to be responsible

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 15, 2008.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I saw Delirious on sale for $10 at Virgin Records today.

Man, I should have bought it.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes, he does. Poor Thomas Sowell. Whatever will he do with that million dollars he makes each year for various writing jobs and speaking engagements? The hypocrisy's got him down, I tell ya. Down.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

$10, I paid like $7 for it, the best money I have ever spent

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Aunt Bunny is coming to get me.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Before I respond to the strawman you've built, Hondo, I would like to say this...

I believe fathers in general, regardless of race, need to be more engaged with their children and more responsible in general. And I say that as a single man who has full custody of HIS child.

So Hondo, to you, I ask you THIS question...

You're actually more concerned with whether or not this rings of hypocrisy than the actual substance of the message itself? Because, ultimately, it's the message that's more important, not who said it.

Jesus, and you wonder why we have so many problems in this country. People can't freaking focus on what's important.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Alma, I'm surprised by your reaction. Either concede that Cosby was right, that Obama is wrong or distinguish. Obama is all of a sudden a hard luck case? We can only notice media inconsistency if the victim is both pristine and destitude?

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I see no hiphopcracy.

8. Grimace

Grimace Guest

You're a racist.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Why does it matter when it's the content of the message that's important?

10. Guy_Incognito

That's my point, I think.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If that's your point, then it got totally lost in what you wrote. Because the point is Obama is urging men (black men in this case) to be more responsible fathers. To me, that's the message, not spin attached to it or whether or not it was right or wrong when Cosby said it.

12. Guy_Incognito

On a journalism board? Can't there be more than 1 point?

Draft saved Draft deleted