1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama urges black men to be responsible

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 15, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080615/D91AMTT00.html

All well and good. But when Bill Cosby or Thomas Sowell or Walter E. Williams say the same thing, they get reamed for airing "the black community's dirty laundry/"

Anyone else see the hypocrisy? Or are some of you simply going to call me a racist?

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'd comment, but if I did I'm sure Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would come knocking down my door.

I fucking hate those douchebags.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I don't think you're being racist.

The strawman told me he doesn't think you are, either. And he also said you could have waited at least one news cycle before building him.

The story you linked to is less than eight hours old -- on a Sunday. You have no idea if Obama is going to get "reamed" or not, and you know it.

4. I never have a problem with anyone of any race reminding fathers they have obligations. It's a lesson too few of us have learned.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I do see hypocrisy, and honestly, I just don't give a shit. Bill Cosby can and had taken care of himself. I can think of better people whose offense I can take up as my own than a philandering Jell-O peddler.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's only hypocrisy if the same people are doing opposite things.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So Bill Cosby is wrong because he's had affairs and shamelessly hucksters for money. That would leave Bill Clinton out of any discussion. Ditto Jesse Jackson.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You can feel very comfortable making that statement because the black community won't attack Obama because he's a liberal democrat. Thomas Sowell gets attacked for saying the exact same thing because he happens to be in the wrong party.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The strawman wanted me to ask you this: Since Jeremiah Wright got eviscerated by the right wing for the blame-America meme that Falwell, Robertson and Hagee used before him, does that mean he's in the wrong party, too?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Tell Barack to have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up... /eddiemurphy

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Only you ... oh seer of things that fit your agenda.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No....didn't say Bill Cosby was wrong, necessarily. I'm just not going to feel the terrible weight of hypocrisy for him on this particular issue. I think Bill Cosby is getting his message across just fine without my sympathy.

Draft saved Draft deleted