1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama To Rebuild U.S. Fastener Industry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 13, 2011.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Must have threw? Really?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes, that's pretty much it.

Do you have a better explanation?

3. YankeeFan

And, holy shit, but it's 12:00 CDT?

How the fuck did that happen?

The Yankees playing on the west coast threw me off I think. No wonder I'm so fucking tired.

4. J Staley

J Staley Member

Just seems like a big leap. And for some reason, I can't see you making a similar leap if Obama had been holding a professionally bound copy of the jobs bill. My guess regarding the criticism, in that case, would be that it would be 1) about Obama, like his bill, being all flash and no substance, or 2) about him being too much of an elitist to relate to most Americans and their Wal-Mart paper clips, or 3) about Obama wasting precious resources on printing a jobs bill that's more about his ego than helping the job creators.

I could make a similar leap to yours. You are casting judgements about the contents and work that went into proposed legislation by looking at a 99-cent office supply, so obviously you judge things by their appearance. That, of course, makes sense because everybody knows Republicans are racist and readily judge people by their appearance.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I doubt it was hastily thrown together. Obama announced his plan back in August so there was plenty of time to put it together.

That said though, the presentation would not have passed muster in a 4th grade English class.

6. YankeeFan

Not joking.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bats aren't bugs!

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

No, if it had been bound and laminated (nattily?) or whatever YF and the rest of the SJ regressives would have said that slickster Obama is trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the people with a fancy booklet and a devilishly smooth presentation.

9. YankeeFan

How do you even read a document with a clip like that on it? You can't turn the pages.

10. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Years ago, I walked into a huge left-wing internet circle jerk over George W. Bush's Segway accident. W. had TKO'd himself on one of those- shoot, I probably would've done it too my first time- and the White House official response is that the ground was slippery because of rain or something. Except that apparently it had been sunny for a week straight. Something like that. Obviously the WH response was BS, but who cares? That was my argument, but the hyena chorus could not be dissuaded- Bush's accident and the WH response were PERFECT parallels for Iraq homina homina lying liars who lie homina homina etc., etc.

YankeeFan, congrats. You're just like them. A binder clip? Who fucking cares? Derangement syndrome is unfortunate.

11. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Also:

Rudy's public-appearance optics in '08 were terrible. Absolute disaster. Glass houses, dude.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Messiah does not like being joked about.

Draft saved Draft deleted