1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama To Rebuild U.S. Fastener Industry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 13, 2011.

1. JR
    JR
    The paper clip Czar

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sorry JR, but stagecraft is an important part of politics, including, and maybe especially, at the Presidential level.

Obama is very image conscious (not that there's anything wrong with that), and has a team of people dedicated to crafting his image.

So, when he shows up with his bill that should be "passed right away" and it looks like a rush job put together at the last minute by a high school freshman, it's going to lead to question (or at least ridicule).

[​IMG]

Honestly, why the fuck would they show up with a bill looking like that?

It wasn't on purpose. That's not how you plan the event. Right?

So, what happened?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He just figured it was a slow day at sj.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"How the heck are we going to keep those sharp-eyed journalists at SportsJournalists.com from ripping into the new job bill?"

"I know, perhaps something shiny might distract them for a while!"

5. YankeeFan

Bad news for JR: A nice "fuck you" to Canada is included in the bill:

6. YankeeFan

I believe this is called the, "he's playing checkers while everyone else is playing chess," defense.

Either way, he's losing.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I understand "stagecraft". I've worked on political campaigns. And yes, image is important. I get all that.

At the end of the day, who gives a shit? Does this paperclip diminish the message? It's only going to mean something to the same people who questioned why Obama wasn't wearing a flag pin during his campaign.

It's only important to Fox and the Clown Fringe

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Posturing at its worst. It's like saying all American automobiles have to be built entirely from 100% American produced parts.

9. YankeeFan

Funny you should mention that, as he's now wearing it again:

[​IMG]

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Must have forgotten his islamic crescent pin.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I thank him every time I get a paycheck and there's an extra 2% in there from the rollback of biggest tax increase in SSI history, foisted upon us by Sir Ronald Reagan. I'd think you would too, as it actually does put more money in the hands of working Americans on every single payday.

As far as the "presentation" of the bill, I guess he should have simply had it professionally bound and proclaimed, "Mission Accomplished!" because that's a message we all can believe in.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

If this is the criticism you've all come up with about the American Jobs Act, I'm feeling better and better about its chances.

Draft saved Draft deleted