1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama takes the big leap

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Perhaps, but I'm betting you don't know Southern politics better than I do -- or politics "in most of the rest of the country" either -- and those guys would not win a Republican primary anywhere south of Delaware or east of St. Louis.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Sucks to be US.
    Given the shitty performance of Bush and the opportunites squandered by Clinton, the lack of substance of G.H.W. Bush, the serious lack of thought, insight and intellgience by Reagan and the impotence of Carter, maybe we ought to rethink how we judge the candidates.

ALERT: Media Bash to commence:
    Maybe if the journalists who cover campaigns spent the energy detailing the substance of a candidate's positions, rather than the style and the process, America would be better off.

3. Bingo on the latter. Political journalism at its top levells is a disgrace.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And IMHO, no one is worse than Wolf Blitzer and Candy Crowley. They present themselves, again IMHO, as the paragons of media virtue, yet delve into style and process so much, I'm left wondering if they know the difference between an ATM and the AMT

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thought I'd dig this thread up - it's more than two years old. Some great contributions and early thoughts on Obama and what he faced getting into the race. Kind of scary to go back through it. I highly recommend everybody take a look.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fascinating as hell. Thanks Dan.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, great get. Funny to see AQB so full of fail on his prognostications. :D And Hecht said McCain would beat Obama in a showdown.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

interesting to read fenian talk about what will the election be about. 2 years ago, all there was was the war. my how times have changed. oh, and what happened to lyman_bostock.

9. dooley_womack1

Shot while in his car in a bad neighborhood.

10. dooley_womack1

Yeah, I miss Natalie, er, him.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Dear God, I actually had an opinion on his candidacy in 2007? What in hell was I thinking? Well, color me very stupid on that end. I hope like hell he can get us out of this mess we've found ourselves in (no matter whose feet you lay the blame). God knows we could use the boost of hope.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Kinda funny to see I talked about hope before Obama made that his campaign message. Granted, I meant it in a different way -- hoping he could be a good leader -- than he's used it, but it's funny to look back at some of the posts at the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted