1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama takes the big leap

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Well, not really, wonk. I'm sure if you ask Bayh, the two reasons he didn't run are Obama and Clinton. Everyone else is just flotsam. Obama will raise $100 million quite easily.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's nothing. Only two men have ever stepped from the Senate to the White House -- Warren G. Harding and John F. Kennedy.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I knew there weren't many. Didn't realize the number was that small.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I hope he wins.

I don't know if he will...

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Then that doesn't bode well for McCain or Hillary, either

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Interesting, the track record for governors versus senators. I too never knew that number was so low.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The guy's really . . . really . . . REALLY liberal.

I take McCain over Obama.

I take Obama over, say, Brownback.

Other matchups are open to discussion.

8. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

That stat only means anything, if it does at all, if you consider who's actually running in 08. Who's the top gov. candidate, Mitt Romney? A black guy with a name that sounds like Osama has a better chance than a Mormon from Mass. Bill Richardson is prob the top Dem guy, but how's the New Mexico gov going to upend Hill and Barack in fundraising among Dem supporters? That stat, Govs over Sens, will be amended in 08.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Good for Barack. I wish him well.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I like Obama, but I would support Bill Richardson too.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

He's our only hope. That is all.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Can everyone just give it up with his fucking name already? Who cares what his name is? It doesn't say anything about what kind of politician or person he is, or what kind of job he would do. Hell a patriarchal political name has our country all fucked up. But all every blabbering conservative quarter-wit ever says is Barrack HUSSEIN!!!! Obama this and that. He's the only politician now who goes by his full name, and he's not even the one who uses it, it's the pants-pissing conservatives truly troubled by a charismatic breath of fresh air they don't know much about yet.

Hell one idiot got on the air just last night and asked how relevant it was that he lived in Indonesia for a few years, and even went to a Muslim school there for two of them. Is he a Muslim, or a non-practicing one he wanted to know? Of course, after two years at a Muslim school he then went to a Catholic school, so it was obvious this guy was desperate for anything on Barrack HUSSEIN!!!!! Obama.

Draft saved Draft deleted