1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama skips major papers: No NYT, WaPo, WSJ, USA Today

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Maybe the statute of militation, whatever that might be, has. Statute of limitations hasn't and won't for a long, long time.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

When we stop killing American kids in the illegal war in Iraq and stop discovering "terrorists" that we held without hearing and tortured at Gitmo, the statute of limitations will have run out. I'm pretty sure war crimes has an unlimited statute of limitations.

3. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

During the news conference Obama referred to the press as "correspondents."

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who is killing American kids in this "illegal" war in Iraq? Who is "we"? Because except for the few, unfortunate cases of friendly fire, they're not being killed by any group that I could understand you being a part of and thus referring to as we.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not even close.

Lord, that's an awfully lumpy rug, with all the awkwardly-sized
    Bush boners having been swept under it, through all those years.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The idea that the New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, et. al. DESERVE to get to be the questioners at a Presidential press conference is fucking insane. They're not elected officials, they're newspaper hacks like you are and like I was. Everybody with a White House press pass is entitled to ask a question, and if Obama mixed it up a little, well, good for him. It was a Post reporter who asked Obama about A-Rod at his previous presser, so it's not like they always are the ones to ask the tough questions.
    Conservatives are bitching that Fox News and the Washington Times got to ask questions but the NY Times didn't? Come on gang, show a little faith in your own team.

9. Magic In The Night

Technically they were killed because we invaded a country without proper Congressional approval, thus, the illegal part. Thus, we, or the U.S. government under Bush, are the killers. They sent those kids there and they are getting killed.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Please tell me what 77 Senators and 296 Congressman voted to authorize in October, 2002?

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/11/iraq.us/

And, no, we are not their killers.

And in your mind, since Obama didn't immediately pull the troops out of Iraq, is he the current "killer" of troops there?

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Obama did a lengthy, exclusive sitdown with the Times a week or so ago, and the Times had been annoyed because he had done the same with the Post (I believe, maybe the LA Times) first.

I'd rather get a long, exclusive interview than one question at a press conference, but maybe the publicity for the latter is a big deal.

12. Magic In The Night

They voted to authorize possible actions after all possible diplomatic and/or search efforts for the "weapons of mass destruction" were exhausted. This was not done. And no, Obama is not the current killer since he didn't send them there and is trying to get them out as fast as he can.

Draft saved Draft deleted