1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama:Secret doubts about the job?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

BTW, if Obama had said the exact opposite, that he adored being President and was looking forward to a second term, Republicans would rip him for that, too. So he might as well say what he thinks, because people like Printdust will hate it no matter what it is.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

He's setting everyone up.

Next comes the announcement/interview that "although this job takes a terrible toll on a person, my commitment to the American people and the crisis at hand demands that we finish the job we set out to do. So, like the patriots of yesterday, whose sacrifice built this great nation, I, too, will make whatever sacrifices necessary to benefit the American people. Thus, I will seek a second term as president, not for my own sake, but for the sake of millions counting on our leadership in these difficult times."

And all the media hail this sacrificial hero.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You use this as if it's supposed to be a killshot (but enough about taking out Osama), so let's assume for a moment that this isn't the bullshit it is. Aren't Muslims who are U.S. citizens free to contribute to whomever they want, and a candidate is free to take that money?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There are just as many who are lining up to tell Obama that every time he farts it smells like potpourri.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

That's one of the perks of office. I believe Nixon's farts were said to smell of fresh lilacs.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Considering the actual expectations for his presidency and what we needed from his presidency after Bush, I would hope that "I took out Osama" is not one of Obama's top five accomplishments by the time he leaves office.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet it's brought up the most at the midway point.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Wifey-poo was cruising around town here yesterday soliciting campaign funds.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Obama: And I helped you extend the Bush tax cuts, even though you guys are already sitting on a pile of money. So why aren't you hiring?

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He has accomplished plenty. Plenty. But whether you consider it an accomplishment or not depends on what side of the aisle you sit on. I consider health care reform an accomplishment. A qualified accomplishment and not a perfect one, but an accomplishment. Others don't. I consider progress on DADT to be an accomplishment. Others would not. Very rarely is a dyed-in-the-wool Republican going to agree that Democratic policies moved the country in the right direction. Very rarely are dyed-in-the-wool Democrats going to think that Republican policies moved the country in the right direction. Even though, in both cases, there is data to frame as an accomplishment.

11. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

Too complicated. If it's not a soundbite, it won't play.

12. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Here's a better one: We tried your way - again. It didn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.