1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama racks up $25 million in fundraising...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Apr 4, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did I really write "every Allah-damned day"? That's funny.

2. boots

boots New Member

The brother's gotta chance.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Obama is the flavor du jour for some Democrats, just like Howard Dean was four years ago. What he has in charisma, he doesn't have in substance. The guy will get skewered at the debates and everyone will soon realize he's not ready, yet. And he appears to have an ego to grand to let him serve as a vice presidential candidate to someone more qualified.

So, for everyone who helped Obama raise $25 million, congratulations, you just threw away good money.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wow, is it early for anyone to have developed this thesis.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I believe Obama will kick ass in the debates, maybe or maybe not on the substance, but definitely in the delivery. He easily has the charisma advantage.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Which pretty much points out everything that is wrong about how we select our presidents.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The lacks substance meme is easy, vaguely defendable and totally bullshit.

8. boots

boots New Member

No one is saying it so I will. This is a reprise of Black Power!

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I'm pumped for Obama, but he's got to no go wobbly on this Bush vetoing stuff.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Nope. It's never too early to develop this thesis. He is vastly inexperienced in such arenas as foreign diplomacy and leadership. He's just two years into his first Senate term, for Christ sake, and he had perhaps the easiest election for a Senate seat for a first-timer in recent memory.

Obama could be a legit presidential candidate in 2012 or (hopefully) 2016. I just don't think he's ready, and a lot of other people agree with me on that.

And Zeke, please tell me how I'm wrong on the substance debate. What has he done in his two years in the Senate that proves he's better than Hilary Clinton, Bill Richardson, Chris Dodd, Joe Biden and John Edwards.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What have Clinton, Richardson, Dodd, Biden, and Edwards done to prove they'd be better than Obama?

Do I need to list the experience the last bunch of Presidents have had before winning office.

I think it's a faulty premise. It's a job like no other. No other jobs prepare you to do it.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Except, I would think, Vice President. And we all know Cheney's not going down that road.

Draft saved Draft deleted