1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama on Meet the Press

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 4, 2008.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Possible, if that was the only thing he had to worry about.

But someone will find out that Obama's first-grade teacher went to a Black Panther meeting once, and there will be a new fire to put out.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And that's why I can't see why voting in November means anything. Real issues are being overshadowed by bullshit propaganda.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Then don't vote. why beat yourself up over it

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I want someone to give me a reason why I should vote.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And I'm sure the Dems will simply be tossing rose petals in front of McCain. Yesiree, the Dems never do anything dirty in campaigns. Nope, not at all.

Instead, they have front groups like MoveOn.org with which they coordinate talking points and ads (in violation of election laws) and then deny any connection.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Fine. Both sides are sleazy. Happy now?

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Elite and elitist are different words that mean different things. Obama would have known that.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'd love for you to offer up some proof of this.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm going to sign off, watch the rest of Stars-Sharks and hope that, while I slumber, a reason to vote in November's election comes to me.

But I'm not holding out hope.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Cynicism isn't a good enough reason not to vote. As a good American citizen, it's your duty, your responsibility to vote.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I used to think that those who do not vote forfeit their right to complain. Then a friend hated Bush so much he voted for the first time in 2004 (the third time he was eligible to vote). The four years since have been chock-full of dude selling why John Freaking Kerry was destined to be one of our great presidents, not just a guy to vote for because he's better than Bush.

I learned then that no one has the right to judge another's practice of politics, every individual should do what they feel is best for them and for society as a whole (should we NOT look beyond self-interest when voting?).

So hockeybeat: the good reason to vote is because you believe in the ability of one of the candidates to improve this nation's domestic situation and standing in the world. There's a long cycle to go, anyway. All I know is that I can't get on board with any candidate at this point either.

Though it is fun to watch all of this.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm not cynical. I just don't have hope for the future.

Draft saved Draft deleted