1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama on Meet the Press

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 4, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'd never heard Clinton called Bobo the Circus Bear before.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bush's GPA went up his nasal cavity, along with all the coke he snorted.

Karl Rove and the GOP twisted the issues around. Kerry and Gore failed to get the issues to the forefront. Instead, the elections were about who was a regular guy and the Swift Boat lies.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What didn't you like about the Clinton administration? The fact that there was peace or the strength of the dollar?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

BECAUSE CLINTON GOT A BLOWJOB!!!!!!!!

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's right. I forgot. Clinton was the only immoral President in this nation's history. The rest have been choirboys.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Kerry was the one who put his war service into play. His whole campaign boiled down to "vote for me because I served in Viet Nam.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And he did serve in Vietnam, unlike Narcotics Anonymous. Unlike Narcotics Anonymous, he had ideas. Unlike Kerry, Narcotics Anonymous screamed, "If you don't re-elect me, 9/11 will happen again."

He scared this country into re-electing his incompetent ass. And we're all paying for it now.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I don't think it was scaring us into it as much as Kerry never gave me a good reason to vote for him. You can't run on the "I'm not George Bush" platform. I need specific ideas.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why use this thread to talk about John Kerry. Presuming that you are a democrat, here is your chance to talk bout Obama in a very postivie ligt.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What's the use?

13 percent of registered voters believe Obama is a Muslim.

And I don't think America is going to grow a brain before November.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

If he's nominated, he's going to need to do everything he can to take that number way down in single digits. But can it be done? Probably not.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think Obama is a breath of fresh air. I voted for him in the primary. Of course, I don't think it means anything. Either Hillary will Karl Rove her way to the nomination or the GOP will slander and libel him all the way to John McCain's election.

If, by some miracle, Obama does win the Presidency, there's such a political divide in this country--and yes, I'm aware I'm part of the problem--that no matter what he attempts to do, it will be criticized by right wing pundits or vetoed by Republican Congressmen and women.

So, I'm really not sure there's a point in voting come November. What does any of this matter?

Draft saved Draft deleted