1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama on Meet the Press

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 4, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Anyone catch it today . I thought he was very good answering Russerts questions and articulating his positions. Reminded me of what I liked about the guy in the first place.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

For the most part I liked it, although I didn't appreciate Russert spending the first 15 minutes going over the Rev. Wright controversey over and over and over again.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My wife watched both Obama on Meet the Press and Hillary on whatever she was on. She's been in Obama's corner but seems to be turning toward Hillary.
    I thought Obama handled the Wright b.s. well.

5. Boom_70

disagree. I think he did Obama a favor. It game him a chance to explain in depth his complex relationship with Wright.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Obama did a very nice job.

He's not as charismatic in that setting as he is on the stump, but his intellect really shines through.

7. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I always find it amusing when people say he acts too cerebral and "elitist." Where are we as a country when we're concerned a would-be president is too intelligent? And fuck, shouldn't the president be elite? How much more elite can you get?

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Remember, this is the same country that elected Bobo The Circus Bear to consecutive terms because he's "regular people."

9. Boom_70

Does not say much about the candidates that the democrat party chose to run against Bush.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah. The Dems ran Gore and Kerry, men with IQs, while the GOP backed Frank The Tank. Silly Dems, thinking that ideas and issues matter.

11. Boom_70

Bush had a higher gpa than Kerry at Yale, For guys with alleged high IQ's they sure ran bad campaigns.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Bingo -- Especially Gore who was handed a huge advantage, a huge lead, a good economy and he somehow screwed it up, the same way the Dem's seem intent on doing this year -- then we'll have four more years of whining by the Fenian's of this world about how stupid people are for voting for the GOP guy......

If these guys are such idiots --why can't the Dem's beat them?

Draft saved Draft deleted