1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama music video

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ADifferentOkie, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I guess I'm still cynical when it comes to this stuff . . . I saw it as a bunch of famous people hopping on politics' biggest bandwagon, adding to its already undeniable momentum.

And while I understand the concept behind the video and appreciate the achievement in a The Doors' American Prayer sort of way . . . after the first couple of minutes it felt like it was just a bunch of opportunistic famous people mucking up what was an absolutely breathtaking speech.

"Look at ME!!!! I support OBAMA!!!!!! Yes we CAN!!!!!"

Indeed. Now shut up so I can hear the man speak.

The version I prefer:

An inspiring speaker, with noble goals. Yet, I remain resistant to Obama, mainly because some of the dumbest people I know (in real life, not here) absolutely worship the man.

2. I loved the music and the message. The celebrities themselves add nothing to the video for me.

3. And let me add, the dumbest people I know in real life still support our current president.
    I know some smart ones who have liked him as well, but Bush seems to attract the truly ignorant.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I don't want to be misconstrued here.

I don't think support of any politician is the defining characteristic of intelligence. It's just that the first Obama followers I encountered happened to be a couple of the most naive, ignorant people I know. Doesn't mean anything, really. I'm sure I'll get over it.

5. I see how it could make you skeptical. I'm not judging you for that.
    However, with what I've done looking into the candidates, I'm supporting Obama no matter who else does or doesn't.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

My favorite line was: Yes we can! Ohhhh Yes we can!

They are all correct.

Yes, I can take a big friggin' dump on the idea that a man with no ideas, just slogans of "Change" and "Yes We Can" should be president of the United States of America.

And YES, under the constitution I CAN say that!

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

U R so smrt! LOL!! U shld b przdnt, Rdsmthclone!

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

SUPRLOLZ!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Man, there's no clause in the constitution guaranteeing your right to be an asshole. So you don't like Obama, we get it. Do you really need to explode at the mouth about how much you don't like him? Until you bring something constructive or insightful to the conversation I beg you to stay out.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No ideas? Hit up barackobama.com

The entire platform is there. Just because the guy doesn't choose to use his large national appearances to discuss the finer points of the earned income tax credit, doesn't mean he doesn't have ideas.

Any policy questions you have and can't find the answer to there, I'll be happy to answer.

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Can it mean I'm a cultural hermit, a dessicated grumpy old man, if I didn't recognize three-quarters of the celebrities in that video?

Yes it can.

Purely political question: Who's the brunette with the widow's peak, white shirt and black leather jacket?

12. I believe you're refering to Kate Walsh. She's actually a redhead.

[​IMG]

She started on Grey's Anatomy and is now the star of Private Practice.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted