1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Kills Off Thousands of Kansans With Slip of His Tongue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jimmymcd, May 9, 2007.

1. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Do you really want to compare oratory skills?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

4. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Compare with who? It was simply a silly slip of the tongue. I think almost any politician can claim at least one such gaffe. With so many prez hopefuls on both sides, I would bet there will be more to come!

5. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Should have known. I really hope you aren't such an ass in person, sp.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

lighten up jimmy

and admit bush is a moron

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

8. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

No.

As much as I have detested some previous occupants of the Oval Office, I would never claim they were morons.

Say you don't like them, you vehemently disagree with them, they are wrong, whatever, but none of them have been, or are, morons.

It seems impossible for any present or future candidate to be successful. The ubiquity of the internet has seemingly doomed the ideal of a united country made up of people who can agree to disagree and still work toward a common goal. Whichever political philosophy is dominant, the other side will trash them, ad nauseum. One bunch of crooks trying to push the other bunch of crooks out of power.

In the past, it was pretty difficult to get your voice heard, and almost impossible to do so with any degree of anonymity. Now, with the clacking of a few keys, you can say whatever, whenever, about whomever, with no worries about accountability.

I will hazard a guess that we are all pretty swell people in face-to-face meetings. But are our thoughts posted here a revelation of our true selves?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I think somebody is taking himself a little too seriously.

Now go fetch us some beers, newbie.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Pretty big gaffe by Obama, though at least he realized it moments later, before anyone could point it out to him first.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

MORONS:

The White House fought back Tuesday against criticism from Kansas' governor that National Guard deployments to Iraq are slowing the response to last week's devastating tornado.

White House press secretary Tony Snow said the fault was Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius'.

In a spat reminiscent of White House finger-pointing at Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco after the federal government's botched response to Hurricane Katrina, Snow rapped Sebelius for not following procedure to find gaps and then asking the federal government to fill them.

"If you don't request it, you're not going to get it," he said.

One slight problem: Governor Sebelius did request it. In fact, she took her concerns to Bush personally in 2006:

Sebelius, a Democrat, has written the Pentagon twice and spoke about the issue at great length with Bush in January 2006 when they rode together from Topeka to a lecture in Manhattan.

"He assured me that he had additional equipment in his budget a year ago. What the Defense Department said then and continues to say is that states will get about 90 percent of what they had," Sebelius said. "Meanwhile, it doesn't get any better. I'm at a loss."

So apparently it doesn't matter if you "request it"; you're still not getting it.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Verbally killing off thousands of Kansans with slip of the tongue > Actually killing off thousands of soldiers because you: won't give them the proper battle equipment, sent them to fight in a war based on false pretenses and phony intelligence, don't have a plan to get them home.

Draft saved Draft deleted