1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama is Michael Corleone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

President Obama could declare that Ronald W. Reagan's birthday is now a national holiday and the GOP (Got Our Pile/Get Obama Party) would say "Reagan? He raised taxes, racked up huge deficits and sold weapons to Iran!"

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

It doesn't seem like you understand what I posted.
    If you were able to tap into their ideology today, the younger George Bush, the father George H.W., Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, President Obama, Dick Cheney, Henry Kissinger ... most everyone in or formerly in a power position of U.S. government, supported and were in favor of ALL the killings mentioned on this thread.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Killing Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden and Muamamar Ghadafi were really really really good things, no matter who did it or how it got done. The world is a more wonderful place, even if only for a moment, with those fuckers dead.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A-Freaking-Men. I shudder to think of the total body count stacked up by just those three bastards alone.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wouldn't even begin to know where to start my guess... 250,000 killed?

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Which begs me to ask, who planted the gun in the bathroom for Obama, like Sonny did for Michael (if my Godfather movie recollection is correct)?

8. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

YankeeFan, it is not the place of the U.S. or any other country to demand a role in shaping a sovereign country's government. That should be solely up to the people of that country. This country has made that mistake so many times over the last century, and it has usually had negative consequences.

We claim to support freedom and democracy and oppose dictatorships. We then can't complain when the resulting democracy refuses to be America's puppet and do its bidding.

Qadaffi needed to go and did. Maybe the U.S. should have gotten involved sooner and/or done more. Maybe it shouldn't have. The bottom line is that Qadaffi is history. It should be up to the Libyan people to determine what happens next. And whatever they decide, the U.S. MUST respect it.

Same goes for Egypt, Tunisia and every other country.

Draft saved Draft deleted