1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Insults the democrat Base

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 13, 2008.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Obama should hand out buttons that say "I ducked sniper fire and all I got was this lousy button."

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The only pleasing thing in this entire faux-tempest of jackoffery is that people in the United States are using the phrase "working class" in public discourse. I'll enjoy the proverbial 15 minutes of this phenomenon before "working class" sinks back down to its usual place in the lexicon of verboten phrases.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Define "a while".

4. Shove it up your elitist ass, Irish.

Sure you'll echo Good Doc's blue-blooded frustration, but what about my working-class frustration? Who's echoing my bitterness?

I'm clinging to my gun, waiting for your common-people-baiting ass to come round.

5. The Ohio/Texas primary, probably.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

These people need to be taught the audacity of hope:

"Hope -- Hope in the face of difficulty. Hope in the face of uncertainty. The audacity of hope!

In the end, that is God’s greatest gift to us, the bedrock of this nation. A belief in things not seen. A belief that there are better days ahead.

I believe that we can give our middle class relief and provide working families with a road to opportunity."

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The kind of people who cling to guns and religion won't like the term "cling to guns and religion".

8. writing irish

Can't hear you, Write-Brained. My ears are muffled by the hairy thighs of a bisexual, ultra-liberal, trust-funded, UC-Berkeley wymmyn's studies grad student who's grinding her pierced, elitist vulva into my face. After she's done, we'll have a vegan snack of bruschetta on water crackers with pesto and a few glasses of pinot. Then we'll snort coke using rolled-up subscription cards from The New Yorker. It's fun being in the cultural elite.

9. They're voting GOP anyway.

10. All you need is a prod every now and then - and you weave gold.

11. writing irish

[​IMG]
    "It's good to be elitist!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's a false comparison. Very few people have any problems with exercise or spending more times with friends. Lots of liberals (presumably an oversampled group at an Obama fundraiser in San Francisco) have negative views of religion and guns, and lumping them in with racists and xenophobes seems like a natural quartet.

And again, this is a bunch of Democrats he is talking about. What irked me was trying to drag the Republicans into this family feud. Go work out the intra-party hypocrisy on your own time, then come bitch about the GOP in the general election. I happily conceed there will be more than plenty of material to work with.

Draft saved Draft deleted