1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Insults the democrat Base

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Then don't vote for him. If you're going to twist something like that, when he was asked why some Pennsylvanians are remiss in voting for him, into some sort of insult of your entire way of life, then vote McCain. And enjoy four more years of Bush.

I'm through trying to defend Obama over every little thing that might offend someone, right or wrong. Please, by all means, vote for the man who called his wife a See You Next Tuesday and who wants to keep us in Iraq for 100 years. Have fun.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Some of us in flyover country aren't keen about having religion or gun ownership equated with being racist or xenophobic. We poor dumb shitkickers didn't know any better than to get our feelings hurt.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He didn't have a snowball's chance in hell in any of the communities that he spoke of. Hell, Lynn Swann was a black Republican that ran for governor in Pennsylvania and he was soundly defeated in the bread and butter conservative regions of the state in 2006. Most registered Republicans said "I'm voting for Rendell, but I'm holding my nose while I do it."

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Which is, of course, utter horseshit.

Take the following sentence:

After breaking up with a girlfriend, some folks turn to exercise or overeating or spending more time with friends or alcoholism.

Does this sentence equate exercise with alcoholism?

And spare me the poor dumb shitkicker routine. I'm from a Midwestern small town, and I didn't need to get no fancy book learnin' to spot false indignation from a mile away.

5. Jeez, this is such a non-issue it's frightening. I can't believe people allow themselves to get sucked into these non-stories.

This and Hilary's sniper fire et. al are amusing but they're hardly reason to vote on someone for president. I haven't seen a story on any of the real issues in a while.

6. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

This one?

Bill Clinton, 1991

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, but that works, too. I guess she was for this line of thinking before she was against it.

8. same goes for the war.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Well, he's starting to lose my damn well-educated Starbucks vote, too.

"Cling to religion"...

The week before the Pope's visit....

Good one.

---------

Look - I'm letting my disappointment show. I'm rooting for this guy.

You can parse, contextualize and explain away his comments however you want... fine. But the bottom line is, HE JUST CAN'T AFFORD TO DO THIS SHIT!

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

She and Bill actually made $109 million over the past SEVEN years, but her pot is still calling Obama's kettle black.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

So much for the far left having the monopoly on hypersensitive, crybaby whining. I guess Obama wasn't being P.C.

Seriously, if we can wring our hands over horseshit like this when there's a global economy swirling in the toilet bowl and a host of disasters going on in the Middle East, then fine. We deserve four more years of utterly discredited and destructive policies from the GOP. I echo Doc's frustration. Honestly- what the hell is the matter with people. If you'd rather vote for Hillary or McCain, fucking go for it. And enjoy what follows.

12. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

"Bitter" and "Cling" may not have been the best words to use, but I like him even more after this.

I'm very interested to see how this plays out in Penn., especially with HRC handing out "I'm not bitter" buttons.

Draft saved Draft deleted