1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama in Afghanistan?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Any chance he dons a flight suit and has a big "mission accomplished" banner in the background?

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Sure, the unemployment number is down. It was at, what, 21% for a while for I/A vets. Doesn't mean their domestic jobs are good ones.

He would be wise to keep them overseas for six more months. Doesn't need those numbers reversing course.

Actually, I wouldn't be shocked if he orders the immediate return of troops from, oh, Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Iowa and Colorado. :). And orders infrastructure, shovel ready jobs in said states.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Adding a smiley doesn't mean you come off as any less of a total ******* ********.

Since I can't call you what I really think of you, I'll simply say you are a disgusting person and you have no shame.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So I guess we're back to not being allowed to even consider the possibility that the president will act in his own best political interest? Because he sure as shit doesn't need thousands of troops coming home to no jobs in the months before the election.

Only a fool would think he and his handlers wouldn't take that into consideration.

This may come as a shock to the folks who voted for him but Barack Obama is no different than any other politician in Washington. All he cares about is what keeps him in office.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

You've made your position clear with your "whoring for votes" comment. You should stick with bitching about the Cubs. At least you're tolerable when you do that.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I wish all the horrible people I'm surrounded by would be as tolerant as me.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Ah, the party of tolerance strikes again. Thanks for losing your cool as that means I may actually have a valid point.

The reason I mention this is that I've worked on quite a few stories of army veterans who were in charge of dozens of troops, dodging rebels and IEDs. Now they're struggling to get work at $15/hour as security guards.

I'm just looking at the political objectives of a trip like this. He's been campaigning for his second term since January 20, 2009.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I was unaware that military personnel were fired as soon as the wheels come down on home soil.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And the RWSM has been working to eliminate him since Nov. 4, 2008 (actually a couple months before then, when it became apparent he was going to win).

So it's just fine for the oligarchist corporate conspiracy to try to get rid of Obama, but it's not OK for him to try to get reelected.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

That's the problem with you and your party. You're convinced if you piss people off it secretly means you're right. No, it means you're a ********. Congratulations on successfully being enough of a ******** to piss people off. I'm sure it will look good on your resume.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Looks like Coked-Up Brick Tambland has a running mate on this thread.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Tamland. T-A-M-L-A-N-D. If you're going to make up a trolling insult and stalk a guy with it, at least get the fucking name right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.