1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama: I did drugs, drank, went after girls and didn't do well in high school

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Excellent point.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Not really.

The problem is that the double standard I’m referring to is that Bush isn't cognizant that what he did could have landed in jail for many years if he didn’t have the relatives that he had. There are many in Washington that have double standards, but the majority at least recognize it for what it is.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yab, I'm not gonna jump on your ass just for posting this without also knowing your motivation. But I have to ask. Are you saying they're not qualified because of the above reasons?

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's such a case of ridiculousness I almost can't believe I'm responding.

Dude...it's the holidays. Why do you have to be an inaccurate ass?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Who the fuck cares what any of the candidates did in high school. Tell me what they have done in office.

6. I think I'm spot on. Why do YOU have to be an inaccurate ass?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I once wore a pair of daisy duke shorts, a wifebeater with hearts on the nipples and hockey goalie leg pads to school on rent-a-senior day in high school (per the orders of my best friend's little brother -- why he wanted to see me in that outfit, I'll never know).

That has about as much to do with this presidential election as anything else in that article.

For the record, I have not worn daisy dukes or a wifebeater since. :)

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Well, it's nice that you think that, but you're still wrong. I for one couldn't give a swut if Bush did coke or anything else in high school. It's such a common thing, how does it make a difference. You're screaming about a double-standard that no one on here has applied yet.

But the lengths to which you go to stir up trouble knows no bounds, so I can't really say I'm all that surprised. Enjoy the holidays.

9. Read back and you'll see there is a double standard. If pointing that out is an attempt to "stir up trouble," well, that just shows how hopeless you are. Although I guess, according to you, "stirring up trouble" is not accepting my left-leaning marching orders.

I doubt you can enjoy the holidays, but please try.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I used to shit my pants all the time.

Of course, I was two years old when I was doing it. Does this disqualify me from the presidency?

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You doubt I can enjoy the holidays? BWUHAHAHA! That's pretty funny.

The double-standard of which you speak exists only in your mind. Only in your mind. But I shan't try to help you to understand because, well, the return on the effort wouldn't be worth it.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Yes, what has Obama, or, for that matter, Hillary, done while in office?

Draft saved Draft deleted