1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama: I did drugs, drank, went after girls and didn't do well in high school

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Oh. My apologies. I guess I skipped over that part.

2. We'll let it slide, just this once. ;)

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I don't see the big deal with it. After all, high school is supposed to be the best days of our lives, right?

4. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

They would give a shit about it if Obama's political opponents had gotten to that first and hammered the point home to undecided voters until they believed Obama was the anti-Christ.

It's how politics works in this country. Which is why I think Obama did the smart thing by coming clean (if you want to call it that) now.

5. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

I don't give a rat's ass about what so-and-so did in high school, or even college (unless they have a lengthy rap sheet of multiple offenses, thereby indicating a terminal form of dumbass).

If you can show me documentable evidence that excessive or inappropriate use of intoxicants impeded someone from doing his job in the last 10 years or so, I might think twice, but otherwise, I'll let present behavior and stands on issues be my primary guides.

6. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

No shit.
    How many people you know under the age of 40 have never gotten high or never did dumb things while drinking? I know of maybe one or two and it's not like I hang out with a bunch of scumbags and low-lifes.
    This whole thing of presidential candidates having to admit to dumb shit they did in high school/college is silly. I would feel hypocritical as hell asking someone about the shit they did in school. Obama sure ain't gonna lose any votes because he got drunk and high in high school (anybody that votes against him was gonna vote against him for another reason)

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If you think for a second that 99 percent of the scumbags walking the streets of Washington don't have double standards, you're fooling no one but yourself.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

A-fucking-men.

He may have just gotten my vote.

9. three_bags_full

You're going to vote for someone because he drank, smoked pot, snorted cocaine and chased women earlier in his life?

10. Simon_Cowbell

No, because I know there is at least ONE lie he isn't telling me that the rest of these fuckers are.

11. three_bags_full

You said he may have just gotten your vote because he's a "candidate who shares in common the experiences of every male American born since the founding of the Republic."

Not because he's telling one less lie than the rest.

12. Simon_Cowbell

jgmac's post, to me, brimmed with sarcasm - this is the first guy ever that has done what Obama admitted to? Do you believe that?

My response took that perceived sarcasm and went from there.

Draft saved Draft deleted