1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama, Hillary or McCain ... does it even matter?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jps, May 2, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

This person has an answer for you. This is from the reaction board on CNN's story about the Obama-Hillary gas tax debate.

Clinton or McCain, but NEVER obama May 4th, 2008 4:23 pm ET

White people, you have no idea how cut-throat and low down black people can be until you have lived with them in the south and have to deal with them every day. Only a black person makes treats if obama isn't nominated.These people have made me truly hate them.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I don't know about a couple things you write here.

First off it is a person's right not to vote if they feel nobody is worth voting for. And when they complain, they have every right to do that as well.
    Should you vote, I think so, but I also believe you can make a bigger statement by not voting.

And what about Thomas makes you ill? Is it simply a partisan view that makes you dislike him? Or the decisions he makes? Iguess it would be both in either case.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

WOW. That is messed up!!!

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I would like to think people of all races would make treats, no matter who is nominated.

Treats are yummy.

5. jps

jps Active Member

I, too, wonder if I am even going to vote. Even if I had a favorite here, in the end, the popular vote does not matter. That's not how our system works.

And, especially if you live in a heavily red or blue state, and you tend to go by the opposing color ... what good will your vote, in our system, really do?

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's why I always vote Nader, trying to help him reach that 5 percent to get government money the next election, knowing Kansas is going to go red no matter the candidate.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Hopefully Rice Krispies treats.

8. Anybody who's read, or listened to, Robert Bork any time in the past 15 yearsd knows that he's an extremist crank who had no more business on the SC than he did flying the space shuttle.
    And the "era" as it were began with Abe Fortas.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Not anyone.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Translation -- He interpreted the constitution in a manner that wasn't good for the liberal pet projects, thus we found ways to smear him and spike his nomination......

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He fired the Watergate special prosecutor for having the temerity to request Nixon's recordings of White House conversations. That alone shows his total disregard for the legal process.

Please try to learn something about the topics on which you so uselessly opine.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Translation -- He interpreted the constitution in a manner that wasn't good for the liberal pet projects, thus we found ways to smear him and spike his nomination......

You can cut it any way you want it but that is still the bottom line as to why lib's worked so hard to spike Bork.

Of course, you are right, it had nothing to do with his stance on abortion, the fact that he is a strict constructionist, his views on gun control laws and prayer in schools.......no, it was his actions during Watergate.....

Draft saved Draft deleted