1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama had a coke and a smile ... 12 years ago

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jan 5, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I agree with Ragu. As sad as it is to say, the country as a whole still has race issues. Ask Harold Ford. Yes, Ford did better than expected, but he suffered from that voting day "can't quite pull the trigger on the minority candidate when I actually go to the poll" syndrome. Voters who are polled will say they will vote for a minority candidate, but when the time comes, some just can't quite get themselves to do it. That's why Ford's opponent's 'fear of interracial sex' commercial was so effective, though repugnant. If Obama gets the nomination, we'll see a new version of the "Southern Strategy" on an epic level.

I detest all of this but, unfortunately, I think that for many in this country, it's still a barrier. I guess we'll see. Hey, a woman for president (Hillary) is also a barrier. This is going to be an interesting primary, for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted