1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama had a coke and a smile ... 12 years ago

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Funny how Sean Hannity winds up in the middle of something published a dozen years ago — Barack Obama's open admission he tried coke and pot as a youth.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200701040011

2. tommyp

tommyp Member

I understand Obama is a cigarette smoker. But that doesn't change my opinion of him, nor does the fact he admitted cocaine use. If anything, it's refreshing that he admits it.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think our last two presidents have ensured that fidelity issues as well as prior drug and alcohol abuse isn't a major concern of most voters...

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Doesn't seem to have affected his mind.

Others with a sustained history of intoxicant abuse, can't say the same.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Novak is priceless.

"I have no evidence of that, but every reasonable person should assume it. I would like to have some evidence. It would be a good story."

Just priceless.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Was he talking about Hannity seducing priests when he was 16 year old?

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Hopefully some day we look back on these pitiful casual drug-use smear attempts the same way history treats the ol' boy politicos who used to accuse their opponents of having a black in the family tree or having once attended Catholic mass.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

If you were an adult in the late 1970s or a good part of the 80s, there's a pretty good chance you tried cocaine.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep. If anything, that makes the issue a mute point down the line. He admitted it, nothing more to add, move on.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'd say about 40 percent of the electorate would take an admitted addict at this point...

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I heard him mention it on the Jon Stewart Show(it was either that or Oprah) once.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Shit, I'd take a guy (or woman) who was high right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted