1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama divorce story

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, May 18, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I believe you.

2. Mizzougrad96

I'm sorry, but I think it's hilarious...

I don't care if they come up with video of his birth with someone holding a Kenyan newspaper in the background, I wouldn't think they should do anything about it.

But I think it's funny as hell...

3. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/05/17/literary_agent_says_1991_booklet_was_a_mistake.html

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/ap.asp

5. Mizzougrad96

How would you fact check that? You ask the author where they're born and take them at their word.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think that the woman made an honest mistake subconsciously fueled by a desire to spice up his background even further.

7. Mizzougrad96

And the coroner as well...

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't care where he was born. He's the president. The people voted him into office and will probably do so again. LET IT GO!!!!

9. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

That's what she said.

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

11. Mizzougrad96

It's an idiotic law. I don't know what the requirements should be, maybe being a naturalized citizen for 20 years... I don't know... I could give a shit where he was born.

But when you see shit like this, it does make it a teeny-weeny bit understandable why some think he wasn't born here.

That does not excuse them for continuing to make an issue of it four years after he was elected.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's an idiotic law. I also don't think Obama's parents had the foresight to forge a birth certificate and place fake a birth announcement in Honolulu newspapers so that he could someday become President.

Draft saved Draft deleted