1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Death Squads

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Really good article in today's NYT about weekly meetings in The White House to decide what terrorists get to meet their virgins.

It will likely give human rights activists indigestion but it will also go a long way towards Obama's reelection.

It's a great window into how Obama completely changed his stance from where he was in 2008 campaign.

One thing made clear in article is that every decision to kill is made by Obama. To me that's impressive leadership. No wiggle room, no plausible deny-ability. The buck stops with him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/29/world/obamas-leadership-in-war-on-al-qaeda.html?_r=1&hp

2. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

It should stop with him if he's the Commander in Chief.

3. Boom_70

Nor am I. I thought it would be a weakness and it's been a strength. One of the reasons that I will be voting for him in November. I can't see Mittwit making the same kind of tough decisions.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Not to sidetrack this, but this picture is amazing especially for this story.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Boom_70

I thought so too. I wonder if the bowl of apples is a metaphor.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Seems like oranges would have been more apropos. :)

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Also personally handles the dirty work ...

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As a leftist often confused here for a Democrat, I'll go ahead and state my categorical opposition to our worsening 'ends justify means' programs like this one.

9. 93Devil

I highly doubt the NYT asked the White House photog if he could get something for a story about Obama being the live or die voice for suspected terrorists, but damn if they didn't find a good one in the archives.

10. 93Devil

I agree. If you are against the death penalty, it would be tough to be for this, but it is better than sending thousands of people over to steamroll a county for one man.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a powerful country that didn't kill its enemies?

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

When did the Oval Office move to Boca?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.