1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama comes out swinging...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zeke12, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Joe, I knew it was bad ... I didn't realize it was THAT bad even now. Wow, that's terrible.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

And Fox News, which obviously never read Obama's "Dreams From My Father." His book spells out his background and should be required reading for every voter.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Bob Somerby has been tracking all this on the dailyhowler.com, sure its liberal and Somerby was one of Gore's roommates in college, but I think it is a good read and he provides some rather rich detail when you actually look at what is said on some of the talk shows and in print for the nation's two most important papers for political coverage. Those being the NYTimes and the WashPost.
    This is what he had to say about Kornblut after a recent article on a Hillary campaign stop...

4. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Not taking political sides here, but reacting more as a writer, I loved Obama's use of the word "scurrilous" to describe the reports.
    Great word.
    Very descriptive, accurate and active.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

With some people, all FOX has to do is throw out the lies, and they lap them up.

This morning, I was at an appointment. It was my first time to see a new physical therapist. So I'm waiting at the desk...and the therapist's talking loudly across the room to one of his assistants:

"Yeah, Obama, or whatever his name is, is in trouble. They found out something about his background...something Muslim. The liberals are doing spin control now, but it's too late...(chuckles)"

I got up and left. I'm not going to let anyone that fucking retarded (not to mention unprofessional) get involved with my health care.

I HATE the part of the country where I live. Fortunately, I'm getting transferred this spring...

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So your physical therapist is, in fact, what is the matter with Kansas?

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

You can bet Willie the Wildcat's purple ass on that. Somehow, with these people, Christianity=Republicanism=Believing Everything on Fox.
    Christianity=Republicanism is stupid enough, but for cryin' out loud, there are plently of Republicans who don't hold a high opinion of Fox.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Unfortunately, most of them moved to the background the day the SC handed the presidency to W.

But yeah, I'm not that far from you, and we have some of the same people out here.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

His book should be required reading for the sole reason that his sole qualification for office is his upbringing. He has shown no inclination for policy inovation, nor has shown any success in moving other people's policies.

He's an effective speech maker partly because of the racist nature of the country. A black man who speaks clearly is deemed to an intellectual,as per liberal guilt and racism.

It sure would be interesting that the first African America male in America to be on a National Presidential ticket, is not a decendant of American slavery, but the son of a recent African immigrant.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

People aren't going to vote for McCain, because he's hardass right, and we've endured quite enough public stupidity from such wankers in the past six years, thanks.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I hope you're simply forgetting the new blue sarcasm font, yab.

He is an effective speechmaker, full stop.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No, I know how to use the sarcasm font. The bar on rhetorical and oratory skills are so low these days that anyone that doesn't sound like a Bush sounds good. I'm also so cynical that I do not believe that any words uttered by a politician in any public setting are her or his own, but that of a staff of writers. Can Obama can deliver a speech? Yes and it's effective because of who he is or is supposed to be. The substance of what a politic an says is the responsibility of the politician, and I still fail to grasp Obama's substance. Clinton's I believe I know, she is as far left as she can be while still feigning right on enough aspects of some issues that she has plausible deniability on being a 60's lefty.

Draft saved Draft deleted