1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama announcement at 10:30 p.m. - Bin Laden Dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mb, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Interesting then that in the ensuing three years he never used them, and then after we were told that there was an imminent threat, it turned out those weapons didn't actually exist.

People in the administration, who were involved in the war planning, have already acknowledged that the given reasons were bullshit. And a young politician named Barack Obama, before the Iraq War, delivered a speech that questioned why we were going into Iraq when we had much work to do in finding terrorists, most prominently Osama bin Laden.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I had a sock puppet, but it got a hole in it.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

LTL, would it surprise you to know bin Laden reportedly scored a 4 on the Wonderlic?

4. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

But he had one of the best times ever in the Monkey Bars at the 1982 terrorist combine.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I got my information from John Kerry

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
    -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

and

Judith Miller while reading the NYT.

Perhaps this is also where Bush got the wrong information.

6. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

You're not supposed to fuck it, Ace.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

LOL. Daddy Bush could have had Saddam Hussein's steaming corpse on a slab in 1991 simply on his say-so, but pussied out and chose not to. It only took 15 more years, 3,000 American lives and a trillion or so bucks to get it done.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Former Air America host Mike Malloy:

"So when does Seal Unit 6, or whatever it’s called, drop in on George Bush? Bush was responsible for a lot more death, innocent death, than bin Laden.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/liberal-radio-host-mike-malloy-bush-responsible-for-a-lot-more-innocent-death-than-bin-laden/

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Shut up YankeeFan, or whoever you are.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No, no, no.

Boom and I are the same person -- and both characters we play are completely fictional.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

OK, I just did a big fat laugh. Feel free to sock puppet away, I no longer give a shit.

12. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Thanks for saying you're not me.

And I'm not secretariat. Nor am I the Walrus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.