1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama and the KKK

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 23, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Where is the Ellis Island for the Hispanics?

2. boots

boots New Member

Texas, Arizona, California, Utah, Florida, and Georgia

3. Utah?

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Now THAT was funny.

Barbershop II does have to rank as one of the worst sequels in American movie history but I watched one the other night that clearly takes the cake in that category of awful sequels -- Beverly Hills Cop III. (though is it still called a sequel if it is the third movie in a series?)

5. 'goshe --
    I think you have to rank Bad Sequels weighted on how much you liked the originals, so, for me, B2 outranks any of the BHC movies because I didn't like the first one that much.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

My ancestry has been dated back to the Mayflower. They came here for a better life.

7. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

First of all, I had no idea that the Orange Order had a presence outside of Belfast. That's a bit disturbing. Second, there is actually a very interesting sports angle to the KKK, and it also has to do with hating Catholics. Back in the '20s, the Klan marched through South Bend, pretty much trying to incite the Notre Dame population. The situation got pretty ugly, but Knute Rockne was able to talk all of the students who had assembled to beat the piss out of the Klansmen to take the high road.

8. "Talk American, Poppa. We're Americans now."
    - Young Knute Rockne, All American.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That is very true. I thought Barbershop (the first one) was an OK movie -- not great, not terrible. The second one was horrible.

I loved the first two Beverly Hills Cop movies, though, and was so excited when the third one was announced. Then I actually saw it and it has to rank as one of the biggest letdowns in my movie going career.

I fear Ocean's 13 will be in that big letdown category, though Ocean's 12 was pretty bad in its own right.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Orange Parade in Toronto circa 1926.

You couldn't get a job with the city of Toronto back then if you were Roman Catholic.

The Irish were considered barely human.

[​IMG]

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Klan has been active in anti-immigration. They ran marches in Alabama last year.

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Lee was there.

Draft saved Draft deleted